Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SAP SRM 7.0 Install...

I just went through a few days worth of frustration, and I have found it in my heart to share with you all the secret that I have unlocked so that perhaps you may be spared the same.
For those of you familiar with earlier releases of SRM, the installation option is found on the ERP installation master media. This is no longer the case with SRM 7.0. It is built on Netweaver, yes, but now the install is no longer available on the ERP media. Of course SAP's documentation on this is severely lacking. In fact all it tells you is that you must locate the "installation master DVD or download." What it fails to tell you, however, is which installation master you need to look for.
through trial and error I found that you will need to locate the Netweaver 7 Enhancement Package 1 installation media, which threw me off a bit. Usually, in the SAP world, an Enhancement Package provides for new functionality in an existing system. This is the first time I have seen an enhancement package be the required platform for a new product. Maybe I am not well-rounded enough, or perhaps my clairvoyance needs work. Regardless, if you are planning on installing SRM 7.0, make sure to locate the Netweaver 7.01 installation master for your platform. In my case the media name was BS 7 SR1 Installation Master Windows Server on x64 64bit.

Hope this helps...